Students learn to write CER Claim Evidence Reasoning in this unit. Claim-Evidence-Reasoning is an important skill in science. Students will watch a slide show on how to use Claim-Evidence-Reasoning effectively. They will identify the parts of the CER and they will practices with 8 task cards for Claim Evidence and Reasoning. The task cards come in both color and blackline. Answer keys are included. Best for Upper Elementary or Middle School science. Students will use text evidence and reading graphs and diagrams.
- Slide show on Claim-Evidence-Reasoning
- Interactive notebook Flap on CER
- Examining other CERs and Identifying the claim, evidence, and reasoning
- Task cards to practice Claim Evidence and Reasoning in blackline and color
- Planning Form for writing your won Claim Evidence and Reasoning
- Writing page
- Answer Keys for all
This is a great unit for introducing and practicing the process of Claim Evidence and Reasoning with a variety of scientific topics. Task cards can be used once a day or as centers.
My resources, including the slide show, are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science Read more about on my blog.