Introduce students to science and engineering practices for NGSS and Utah SEEd with this great set of printable task cards. Students will learn about the eight science and engineering practices and students will practice with each SEP. Great for science centers.
If you’re looking for a high-quality NGSS aligned and Utah SEEd aligned activity to introduce and/or reinforce the Science and Engineering Practices to upper elementary school students in your class then this is the perfect lab resource for you!
This resource is a printable unit. If you are looking for a Google Slide unit on Science and Engineering Practices see Science and Engineering Practices Distance Education Unit
Students will learn about the eight science and engineering practices.
1. Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Using mathematics and computational thinking
6. Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
7. Engaging in argument from evidence
8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
This is a great supplement to NGSS and Utah SEEd resources.
This resource is included free in several of my bundles at the Bonus File.