Would you like your students to learn about American bison? This informational text unit will have your students reading about bison and the adaptations that help them to survive. They will learn about how bison were once almost hunted to extinction but have now made a substantial recovery due to conservation efforts.
Bison Reading Unit Includes:
- Suggested Schedule
- Three Pages of Informational Text on American Bison
- Two Pages of Comprehension Questions
- Vocabulary development activities
- True and False page
- Two CERs
- Map work
- Answer Keys
Students will practice these informational text skills:
- Author’s Purpose
- Reading back into the text
- Making inferences
- Text Features such as maps and sidebar
This is a no-prep unit!
Great for teaching about animal adaptations!