Do your students love STEM activities? This STEM engineering activity will also have your students measuring angles and distances. Students will identify variables in the experimental design and will identify potential and kinetic energy during the lab. This resource includes a review on measuring angles using a protractor. Students will compare the angle of the launch to the distance the rocket travels.
- Stem Engineering Activity
- Lab Pages
- Slide Show on Using a Protractor
- Lesson on Measuring Angles
- Follow-up pages
- Answer Keys
Three days’ worth of activities are included.
- Potential and Kinetic Energy
- Experimental Design and Variables
- Recording Data
- Engineering and Design Thinking
- Criteria and Constraints