This Blog Post is a little different. I am writing to let you know about a scholarship opportunity for Utah Valley University’s Autism Behavior Collaboration in Special Education.
Spring 2017 ABC in SpEd Scholarship Announcement
UVU’s Autism Behavior Collaboration in Special Education Project (ABC in SpEd) Eligibility and Scholarship Information Through Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) funds from the Utah State Office of Education the School of Education at UVU is offering a scholarship to qualified applicants.
The scholarship will fund students up to $5100.00 per year (Fall and Spring Semester). Students who have been admitted into UVU’s School of Education and choose the Minor in Autism Studies can apply for the ABC in SpEd project.
To qualify for scholarship applicants must:
1. Be officially admitted into the School of Education and begin upper division special education coursework in the Fall of 2017.
2. Declared Special Education as Major
3. Declared Minor in Autism Studies.
4. Complete an individual and group interview.
5. Submit an ABC in SpEd application.
6. Submit a resume.
7. Disposition score of 3 or higher.
8. Commit to teaching in Utah for at least two years after graduation.
Once admitted to the ABC in SpEd project, students are expected to:
1. Maintain all program standards in all coursework.
2. Maintain expected levels of competence in fieldwork and student teaching placements.
3. Maintain grades at or above B-.
4. Maintain GPA of 3.00 or higher.
5. Participants are expected to adhere to standards of personal integrity, responsibility, and citizenship commonly expected of professional educators.
Applications will be available Spring of 2017 and due April 7th at 4PM.
Turn applications into the School of Education Advisement office or directly to Nichole Wangsgard in the McKay Education Building room ME130a.
Scholarship awards for this round will be for three semesters. Scholarship recipients will be notified by May1st , 2017.
Any questions email Nichole.Wangsgard@uvu.edu or Teresa.Cardon@uvu.edu Application for the next round will be available Spring of 2018 if grant is renewed.
More information available on this site
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.