At the heart of my teaching, I am an elementary school teacher. I currently teach preservice teachers in a professional teacher preparation program. I have been using interactive notebooks with my science methods class for several years now here is what I have learned.
- Older students still NEED the engagement of hands-on activities.
- Older students still enjoy expressing themselves creatively.
- They take pride in their work.
- The teacher still needs to provide guidelines as to what goes in the Interactive Notebook. It needs to be meaningful content, not just cute.
- All ages of students benefit from collaboration.
- Working together on Interactive Notebooks gives them the opportunity to practice 21st Century skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity.
Adult students love the interactive notebooks and take to them easily!