Use this unit to help teach your class about the way chemical reaction is affected by temperature!
This unit on temperature and rate of chemical reaction will save you TONS of prep time and keep your class engaged!
Students will identify variables and set up a science experiment to compare the rate of reaction with cooled and warmed reactants.
This unit on temperature and rate of chemical reaction includes:
- PowerPoint Slide Show on Temperature and Rate of Chemical Reaction
- Strategic Notetaking Guide
- Directions, Lesson Plan, and Background for Teachers
- Lab Pages
- Exothermic Endothermic Page
- Vocabulary Fold
- Claim Evidence Reasoning on Temperature and the Rate of Reaction
You will need a few supplies to conduct the experiment:
- Calcium chloride
- Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)
- Glass or plastic containers
Other science teachers LOVE this unit!
My students loved seeing the difference in reaction when we heated one set of reactants and cooled the other! They think I am a wizard!
Patrick N. 11/5/22
Try this unit in your classroom TODAY:
This unit is available for download in two places:
Both downloads are identical in every way – if you download directly from this site, you’re giving me the maximum amount of support!
Either way, your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.
This site uses 100% secure checkout with PayPal, and after checkout, your download is instantly available.
Thank you, and I hope you enjoy using this unit in your classroom!