This was really cool!
Swish the water around to warm the glass.
- Place the foil on top of the jar and loosely seal making a slight
indent in the foil that will hold the ice.
Loosely seal the jar with the foil, pushing the foil into the jar slightly to make room for the ice cubes on top.
- Place the ice cubes in the indentation in the foil
- Have students observe for moment. They may see water vapor as it rises from the hot water. They may see condensation on the underside of the foil.
- Next, light a wooden match and blow it out..blowing smoke into the jar. Quickly seal again with the foil and ice.
- You may see a cloud begin to form!